Sunday, November 1, 2009

Introducing Mallory Michelle Ray











Here she is! Our little princess! Mallory Michelle Ray was born on 10-6-2009 at 6:18 am - 8lbs 10oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Our arrival story is much different than it was for Taylan. I was having contractions around 2am and called my doctor. She had just seen me that day (my 40 week visit) and said my cervix needed more time and if I was more comfortable at home, that I could stay at home until the contractions became uncomfortable and then I should come in. Around 4am the contractions were unbearable and I told Dave, "I'm done. We are going to the hospital" On the way there, I noticed my contractions were coming 2 minutes apart and when I arrived, I was dilated to 8cm. I was rushed up to labor and delivery and had no time for an epidural (my worst nightmare came true) and after a few complaining pushes that I couldn't do it and three good pushes, we heard "IT'S A GIRL!"

A girl.

I got my precious little girl and have a precious little boy at home. Life is good.

3 comments:

Nonna Illustration & Design said...

I can't wait to see her! What a sweetie pie.

Tara said...

Girls are so perfect!!! Congratulations again!!! She is gorgous!! I can't wait to see more pictues as she grows up:)

Sharon Harlow said...

Sounds like the perfect story. A girl and a boy, what more could you ask for. And what a cutie !!!! Wish we could snuggle with her, but we are blowing lots of kisses her way. Lots of love from Aunt Sherry and Uncle Jim.